An inline water filter purifies water by removing impurities and contaminants using either a biological process, a chemical process or a fine physical barrier. An inline water filter uses adsorption, ion exchanges or sieving to remove harmful substances from your drinking water. An ice maker is usually found inside the freezer compartment of your refrigerator. It produces crescent-shaped ice cubes from a metal mould. An electromechanical or electronic timer first opens a solenoid valve for a few seconds, allowing the mould to fill with water from the domestic cold water supply. The timer then closes the valve and lets the ice freeze for about thirty minutes. Then, the timer turns on a low-power electric heating element inside the mould for several seconds, to melt the ice cubes slightly so they will not stick to the mould. Finally, the timer runs a rotating arm that scoops the ice cubes out of the mould and into a bin, and the cycle repeats. If the bin fills with ice, the ice pushes up a wire arm, which shuts off the icemaker until the ice level in the bin goes down again. You can also lift up the wire arm at any time to stop the production of ice. Automatic icemakers in refrigerators use a flexible plastic mould. When the ice cubes are frozen, which is sensed by a Thermistor, the timer causes a motor to invert the mould and twist it so that the cubes detach and fall into a bin. Early icemakers dropped the ice into a bin in the freezer compartment; the user had to open the freezer door to obtain ice. Now icemakers can dispense from the front of the freezer door. In these models, pressing a glass against a cradle on the outside of the door runs a motor, which turns an auger in the bin and delivers ice cubes to the glass. Most dispensers can optionally route the ice through a crushing machine to deliver crushed ice.
An inline water filter is specifically engineered to help prevent particulate contamination from blocking or clogging the sensitive pipelines of your refrigerator. It is designed for placement along the flow path line between your water supply or tap and your refrigerator or freezer. It removes chlorine, fluorine, pathogenic bacteria such as coli, water-borne cysts such as giardia and cryptosporidium.
Reviews of the Best Inline Water Filter For Ice Maker
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- 1 Reviews of the Best Inline Water Filter For Ice Maker
- 2 Top 10 Best Inline Water Filter For Ice Maker Reviews
- 2.1 1. Watts Inline Water Filter 20,000 gallon Capacity- Inline Filter for Refrigerator and Ice Maker
- 2.2 2. Culligan IC 1 EZ-Change Inline Icemaker and Refrigerator Filtration System, Basic 3,000 Gallon Filter Included
- 2.3 3. LASCO 37-1821 Ice Maker Inline Filter with 1/4-Inch Compression Connection
- 2.4 4. Omnipure K2533JJ Inline Water Filter with Quick-Connect
- 2.5 5. AQUACREST Replacement GXRTQR Refrigerator Water Filter
- 2.6 6. EZ-FLO 60461N In-Line Water Filter for Taste and Odor
- 2.7 7. EcoPure EPINL20 EPINL30 5 Year in-Line Refrigerator Filter
- 2.8 8. Inline Water Filter For Refrigerators and Ice Makers with 1/4″ Quick-Connect Fittings
- 2.9 9. LASCO 37-1817 Mini In-Line Water Filter with Lead Free 1/4″ Od Brass Compression Adapters
- 2.10 10. EXCELPURE Inline Water Filter For Refrigerator, IceMaker, RVs, Marines – 4PACK
- 3 Ultimate Buying Guide Inline Water Filter For Ice Maker
Top 10 Best Inline Water Filter For Ice Maker Reviews
- Great for Refrigerators, Ice-makers, RV, Campers, Boats, Water fountains, Water coolers, Commercial coffee makers
- USES KDF FOR FILTERATION: Uses Kinetic Degradation Fluxion - treatment for water filtration
- INLINE CARTRIDGE: comes with 10 inch KDF Inline Filter and 1/4 inch brass connectors (QTY 2)
- EASY TO INSTALL: This unique product connects easily to existing plumbing. Maintenance Free, Inspect at least every six months
- Works with all water supply using 1/4 inch lines
- CERTIFICATIONS: NSF Certified for 20,000 gallons. WQA certified for bacteriostatic properties to guarantee extended filtration life
- Reduces chlorine, odor, contaminants, sediment, and particulates for better taste and healthier drinking water. Lasts up or 20,000 Gallons
2. Culligan IC 1 EZ-Change Inline Icemaker and Refrigerator Filtration System, Basic 3,000 Gallon Filter Included
- Inline refrigerator and icemaker filter with easy change filter
- EZ change replacement filter cartridge with quick connect fittings, just twist on and twist off
- The included RC-EZ-1 filter cartridge reduces: particulates class III, chloride and removes bad taste and odor from water
- The included RC-EZ-1 filter cartridge is tested and certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for the aesthetic reduction of Chlorine Taste and Odor and Nominal Particulate Class III
- The included RC-EZ-1 cartridge can filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or can last for 12 months
- Includes: head assembly, RC-EZ-1 filter cartridge, mounting screws, cartridge change reminder sticker
- Head assembly fits replacement cartridges, RC-EZ-1, RC-EZ-3 and RC-EZ-4
- Water flow rate from faucet, .5 gpm at 60 psi
- Features twist-on and twist-off mechanism, quick connect fittings double water shutoff
- NSF certified
- 3000-gallon capacity
- Reduces bad taste and odor, chlorine taste and odor, and particulate class III
- Uses RC-EZ-1 replacement cartridge
- Inline ice maker filter
- Includes 1/4-Inch compression connection fittings
- Filter Measures 2-Inch x 10-Inch
- Use to filter taste and odor in water
- Filters 2500 Gallons (9,500-liters) or 6-Months Life Capacity
- Built-in 1/4 inch quick-connect compression fittings for super easy installation - no tools required
- Reduces Chlorine Taste & Odor
- 1,500 gallon filter capacity
- The advanced granular activated carbon can remove chlorine, bad taste, unpleasant odor and retain beneficial minerals in your tap water.
- Enjoy fresh water by replacing your water filter every 6 months or 2,000 gallons.
- Wonderful design to fit the original brand. We stand behind the quality of filtration and overall performance of our filters!
- Easy for installation and operation, no tools required.
- Fit GE GXRTQR; Will fit GE GXRTQ filtration system. AQUACREST is an independent brand. This filter is not an original product.
- CAPACITY: Inline water filter has a fluid capacity of 1500 gallons of water
- DIMENSIONS: 2.25" H x 3.1" W x 10" L which makes it highly compact for under sink or counter top installation
- BENEFITS: Helps to filter water from various impurities and bacteria; aids in removing the foul smell and taste of chlorine
- EASY INSTALLATION: The 1/4" Brass Compression Fitting makes it easier to install
- PERFORMANCE: This 10-inch water filter performs efficiently for approximately 6 months
- Long lasting 5 year refrigerator filter that fits most brands including: Samsung, LG, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Frigidaire, GE and more
- Easy to install - comes with both 1/4? compression and push-to-connect fittings for plastic or copper water lines
- Robust design eliminates sediment and chlorine taste and odor
- Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA. Questions? Call the EcoPure helpline at (800) 693-1138.
- Includes: 5-year filter, 1/4? compression and push-to-connect fittings and installation guide
- Provides Crisp Clean Water. Easy to install. Each end has Quick-Connect Fittings which take a 1/4 Inch Water Line
- Tested and Certified by NSF International against ANSI/NSF Standard 42 for Taste and Odor Reduction and Chlorine Reduction Class I.
- Fits Most Refrigerators, Ice Makers, Coffee Makers, Water Fountains, Water Coolers, Sink Faucets, Ice Machines, RV, Campers, Boats, Etc.
- Exact replacement for the filters in the PureWater Filters Refrigerator and Ice Maker Kits, and the Do-It-Yourself Kit For Non-Commercial Keurig Coffee Brewers
- FREE Lifetime Warranty and Telephone Support. Made in USA
- Plastic construction for durability
- Lead free brass 1/4-inch outside diameter compression fitting adapters
- Great for in-line ice makers
- 1,000 gallon life approximate
- 2-Inch by 6-inch length
- 【COMPATIBILITY】This is EXCELPURE Filter, Compatible With Model GE GXRTDR, GXRTPR, GXRTDQ, Culligan IC-100A,Samsung HAFEX/EXP, DA29-10105J, 4378411RB, Brita WFRF-104
- 【STANDARD】Build-in 1/4 Quick Connector Inlet/Outlet Standard Fitting. Suitable for Refrigerator, Ice Maker, RVs, Marines, Reverse Osmosis System, and Campers with 1/4 Tubing.
- 【SERVICE LIFE】Factory Designed Service Life is 1500 Gallons/ 5678.118 Liters Per Filter. Certified at 300 Gallons. Service Life Depends Entirely On The Local Water Quality.
- 【CARBON PERFORMANCE】NSF 42 Certified Coconut Shell Activated Carbon Reduces Chlorine, Bad Taste, Odor, Rust, and Sediment.
- 【EXCELPURE WARRANTY】EXCELPURE Offers 90-DAY Limited Warranty Against Defects In Materials And Workmanship. This is EXCELPURE Branded Filter, And Independent Brand.
Ultimate Buying Guide Inline Water Filter For Ice Maker
Things To Consider When Buying A Good Inline Filter For Ice Maker
Pick the inline water filter that is safety tested, approved and certified by an internationally recognized laboratory such as NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) and ANSI.
- Advanced filtration technology:
Pick the unit that will successfully remove chlorine, chloramine, chromium, detergents, fluorine, mercury, rust, heavy metals, unpleasant smells and tastes from the tap water that will end up in your ice maker.
- Ease of installation:
Pick the inline filter whose replacement filter cartridge comes with quick connect fittings, you can just twist it on and twist it off. Make sure the mounting screws and cartridge change reminder stickers are included.
- Filtration cartridge options:
You will have the option to pick up one of the three filtration cartridge options:
- i) Basic cartridge: It removes particulates of class III, including taste and odour of chlorine.
- ii) Advanced cartridge: It removes particulates of class I, including atrazine, basic sediments, cysts, debris, lead, lindane and turbidity.
iii) Premium cartridge: It removes chloramines and MTBE.
If you live in an urban area and your tap water is treated by the Municipality before supplying, a basic cartridge would be enough to give you fresh, crisp and tasteless ice. But if yours is a rural area where insecticides, pesticides or herbicides flow into your tap water, I think an advanced or premium cartridge would be necessary to give you safe and healthy ice.
An inline water filter with an approximate lifespan of three thousand gallons means you will have to switch out the cartridge every six months. When the expected lifespan of an inline water filter is ten thousand gallons, you can set it and forget it for up to three years.
Inline Water Filter For Ice Maker
- Editor's Rating
These inline Water filter for ice maker are very easy to install. These inline Water filter for ice maker comes with advanced filtration technology and perfectly suitable for energy efficient homes and office.