Marketing online continues to evolve and grow and these days social media takes a front seat in most online marketing strategies as supports the growth of business. The reasons to use social platforms to engage and reach customers are plentiful; here are 5 of the main ones.
Reason #1: Reach
Why do the managers of these sites spend countless hours planning, posting, testing, and perfecting their platforms presence online?
• There are 3 billion active Internet users and 2.1 billion of them have social media accounts.
• YouTube has more than 1 billion users, more than a 1/3 of all web users. Each and every day web visitors view hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube that generate billions of views.
• Facebook has nearly 1.4 billion users, that’s 47% of all Internet users. 4.5 billion Likes are generated daily and nearly 75% of Facebook’s revenue comes from mobile advertising. 936 million Facebook users login in at least once daily and 52% of marketers found a customer on Facebook in 2013.
• Twitter has 316 million monthly active users that 500 million tweets each day
• Google+ has 363 million users that hit the +1 button on 5 billion times per day
• Pinterest has 100 million users, 85% of which are women. 47% of Pinterest users purchase a product based on pins, with the average sale being $58.95. 67% of pinned content is from a business site and 82% of Pinterest users would rather follow a brand than a celebrity.
These stats are just one reason to use it to market your business that really illustrate the reach that it can have on your business, be it online and brick and mortar. Here are 4 more reasons to make social media a part of your marketing plan.
Reason #2: Building Relationships
Using it allows you to reach people at a more personal level. Many marketing experts explain that social media is about relationships building, that as a side effect brings about conversions for calls to action. When you connect with people and they connect with you, they are more likely to follow your brand and all it has to offer.